Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Create Your Card - Create A Camouflage




 Hi. Back with a new card in the Create Your Card series. I will show you how to do the camouflage die cut technique.  This will give a look of a hidden die cut. The photos will help explain this.


In the video, I mention how I like to give a border around the card, so it isn't just one layer. Here is the difference. I think that border makes the card pop more.








Yes, this is the same card I made in the video. I used a file to buff of the color from the oops. I had to hide the bottom one because it was a little too big to buff out. This only works as long as the paper is not white core. You sand a white core, you see the white. All Close To My Heart  cardstock has a white core.


Close ups of the die cut so you can see it better. 



Now you can use any die cuts, but I will show you how to do this in Design Space.

 Chose your image or word. I used #M3CDD2 from Artbooking. You will also need a square for your card base.

 You will size the square to the card base size, or slightly smaller if you want to mat the card like I do in the video. 
Size the die cut , and duplicate 2 to 3 times. 

 Select the card and the original image/text and attach.

Since all the cuts will be on white paper, go to sync and drag until all the cuts are the same color. This will have it cut out on one mat.

Here is the video on how to make the rest of the card.



I hope you enjoyed this weeks card. Stop by next week for a brand new card/video.

Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.

If you would like to check out my other tutorials, visit my {tutorial page}.

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork, videos or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}.



If you would to recreate any of my projects, you can order the materials at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}.

I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.



Recipe:

Stamps -
   C1604  Forever In My Heart

Paper -
   X5751  Sorbet Cardstock 
   1385  White Daisy Cardstock
   X254  Cards And Envelopes

Ink -
   Z2164  Sorbet Ink Pad

Other -
   Z3024  White Shimmer Trim
   Z1906  Artbooking Cricut Cartridge

No comments:

Post a Comment