Sunday, March 1, 2015

5 Minute Tutorial - Cut Multiple Colors On Same Mat


It's Sunday so I have a new 5 minute tutorial for you. And this one even has a 5 minute card with it.

Ever wonder how to reduce your mat amounts? You have 4 cuts and each one is a different color. So that mean 4 different mats. What a pain. But if you have room, you can make all of the cuts on one mat, and still use different colors.


So here are my images. I have used balloon #M45A50 from Artiste and Happy Birthday  #M58174 from Artbooking. I welded the words to make them one cut.
Each balloon is going to be a different color and the sentiment is going to be a different color.


Using sync, drag all the images so they are the same color. This step is important. Each color will get its own mat, so to have them on the same mat, they need to be synced.


Hit go and it will bring you to the mat preview. Here is where you can place the images where you need to. You can do this on the design mat, just make sure to select all and attach, but I like moving things on this mat. It's easier to line up on this mat because of the .25 in allowance on each side of the mat. Remember this when you are placing your paper. Just because you image is an inch, if you only use an inch, it will not fit because of the allowance.


All you do here is click and drag where you want it. You have have it all grouped together or you can place in each corner. it is all up to you. Just pay attention to the grid for the location on the mat.


Here is my paper laid out. The sentiment took up a 3 x 4 section, then the balloon took an inch next to it. I cut the balloon paper 2 x 2, just make sure I was good with the allowance because they are on the corners. The green paper next to the sentiment could have been smaller because it wasn't against the edge.


And all cut out. Sorry about the pictures of the mats. I am short so it is hard to get a picture of the full mat without climbing on something.


Now that the extra is removed, you can see exactly how it is lined up, just like on the mat preview.

So here is the card I made from it.



 This card took about 5 minutes to make once it was cut. I think it took more time getting the images in Design Space and have the Explore cut them then it did actually making the card. I used our Bonding Memories glue to glue the sentiment. I find this the quickest way to glue down words like this. Make sure to use a all purpose mat or scrap paper because you are just going to swipe the glue against the cardstock and it will get over the edges. You can use either the pen or the broad tip for this. I used the current Stamp Of The Month for the balloon strings. Some washi tape masked the sentiment so the balloon strings did not get stamped on the sentiment. Some foam tape to pop the balloons up. And that is all.  All the cardstock is old retired scraps that I had.   This technique is great for using up your scraps. Tip, if you are cutting scraps that are an inch or smaller, tape them down with washi tape to make sure they don't move. I did this using 1 inch scraps of glitter paper and it worked great. You may have to change the dial to a click above what you would normally use with the washi. But I had no problem using the same setting, Washi tape is pretty thin, or at least the Close To My Heart kind I use is.

I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial. And my quicky card. 

If you would like to check out my other tutorials, visit my {tutorial page}.

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}



Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.



I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.

I have used the following Close To My Heart products. You can order them at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}

Recipe:

Happy Birthday Card

Stamps -
   Choose Happy Stamp Of The Month S1503

Paper - 
   Cards and Envelopes X254
   Retired Assorted Cardstocks
    (Current cardstocks that could replace them
      Honey Cardstock X5668
      Cranberry Cardstock 1272
      Olive Cardstock 1245
      Gypsy Cardstock X5757
      Whisper Cardstock X5929)

Ink-
    Black Ink Pad Z2105

Other-
   Artiste Cartridge Z1790
   Artbooking Cartridge Z1906
   Bonding Memories Pen Z553
   3D Foam Tape Z1151


No comments:

Post a Comment