Sunday, February 8, 2015

5 Minute Tutorial - Make A Solid Layer

Hi. Here is my first 5 minute tutorial. Every week, I will post a new quickie tutorial. Simple projects you can do in 5 minutes. 

Take and image and duplicate. You want them to both be the same size. This will only work with a detailed image.  I used image #M10232F. This is the icon. It is from the Artfully Sent cartridge, so it comes grouped with all the layers. Delete all that you don't need.


Select one and click contour.


It will turn blue once contour is selected.


Remove the details of the inside of the image. It will change to a different blue. Click contour to finish.



And there you go. You now have a solid butterfly to back your detailed butterfly.


If you would like, you can enlarge the background slightly, very slightly, to have it have a shadow, like so. Some images won't match exactly, so the smaller the border is, the better it will look.


Told you it was a quick one. If you would like to see my other tutorials, check out my {tutorials page}.
Please join my {Facebook group} for updates on new tutorials, artwork and specials. 


Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.


I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.

I used the following Close To My Heart products, you can order them at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}

1 comment: