Monday, January 19, 2015

Birthday Challenge At Heart 2 Heart

wrrereeee
Welcome to this weeks challenge at {Heart 2 Heart}


Happy birthday to you. This weeks challenge is all about your birthday. Each month has a color that you use in your project. My birthday is in November, so I my color is Cocoa. Trust me, I was not thrilled with this. I kept looking at this challenge going 'why me'. Then I went to Pinterest and searched brown. Got a couple ideas. I do have a second project I will be posting later this week. 

Searching through Pinterest, the gold / brown combo showed up a lot. And somehow this ended showing up. I loved the simple stick snowflake look. 





So here is my card. This is actually the second take. The first one just was too simple. didn't look like a snowflake. So take two. 

I took a piece of cardstock, covered it with Versamark and used our new gold embossing powder. Two layers, and then cut into strips like Popsicle sticks. 
I also embossed the sentiment, I went to Hobby Lobby to find a embossing aid. Something to help the stray powder from sticking. They didn't have one. Looked online to make my own. It involved nylons. Which I don't own. But I do have corn starch. So simple is the best for me. I have a bag with corn starch and just brushed it on. Works for me. And look, no stray powder.


Glad you stopped by. Would love if you joined us for this birthday challenge. Stop by {Heart 2 Heart} to see what your birthday color is. Remember, you must use some Close To My Heart product to play along. If you do not have any, stop by {nikkageers.ctmh.com} to order, and then come back to play. 

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}




Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.

I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.



Recipe :

Stamps -
   Best Christmas D1613

Paper -
   Colonial White Card and envelope  X1410
   Colonial White Cardstock 1388
   Cocoa Cardstock X5642

Ink -
   Versamark Z891

Other -
   Gold Embossing Powder Z2066
   Craft Heater Z555

No comments:

Post a Comment