Thursday, March 8, 2012

Use It or Lose It Challenge 3 - Inchies

Welcome to Use it or Lose It challenge three. This challenge we are using inchies. They are just one inch squares.

Ok, so one day I went off base to get a 1 inch square punch. Simple task, right. Wrong. I stopped at Walmart and Target. Didn't think they would have any, and I was right. Went to Michaels, they would have one, right. Wrong again. Two sections of punches, not one i needed. Stopped at Jo-Anns on they way back. What luck, the store was moving and everything was at least 50% off. Headed straight to the punch section. Again, no one inch square punch. I had to order it online once I got back home. But now I have one and comes in handy for this inchie project. You can use a paper trimmer or the cricut, but sometimes punches come in handy. You can use the square punch to get that ribbon edge. I used it to make the clippy thingies. I cant think of the word. But the punch made it easy to do such a thin strip. I would not have been able to trim that thinly with my paper trimmer.
I was inspired by a scrapbook sketch for the above look.
Punched out inchies windows. I'm glad I was able to use this stamp set. I love it but never got to use it before.
This is a game i made for my gatherings. I used the cricut to cut the inch squares. You can get 100 from a 12 x 12 sheet. There are many stamps from ctmh that are under one inch.

I hope you enjoyed my inchies. If you would like to play along, visit the Use it or Lose it blog.
Use it or Lose it



1 comment:

  1. The little clothes pins (is that the word you wanted?) are so sweet! So , now do you play the gathering game?

    ReplyDelete