Thursday, February 9, 2012

Use it or Lose it Challenge - Use your first stamp

Im so excited that the Use it or Lose it Challenge blog is up and roaring. I hope we are gonna have some great times and find creative ways to use up our scraps. Come on, we all have them. Its the crafting worlds dirty little secret. Its hard to throw even the smallest piece away. I am reorganizing my scraps do to this blog challenge and I have no idea why I even kept some of the pieces. What was I thinking?

My first ctmh stamp was actually when I signed up to be a consultant. Before then, I had never use CTMH. Shocking, I know. But the first time I used that clear acrylix stamp, I was hooked. So much better than the stamps I owned.

My kit came with a couple stamps, but I only kept 2. The other stamps just weren't me, plus they make great giveaways for my customers. The two i kept were A Flitter and Tasty Treats. And with A Flitter began my love/hate relationship with hand cutting. Who am I kidding, I hate hand cutting. That is why I have a Cricut.

These scraps are so old we don't even have that color cardstock anymore. It is watermelon. I also used another old stamp, circle together.
Not sure where this grey/pink combos came from. But it works. Plus the valentine themes was purely accidental.

So go check out the rest of the design team.
Hope you play along.

3 comments:

  1. Great cards Nikka! I hate cutting stamps out as well...love the AP cart so I can get more use out of my stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both, I really like the first one though. Too bad we don't have that watermelon color anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikka, love the circles with the flitted butterfly! I despise fine cutting as well, yet keep doing it. :0/

    ReplyDelete